The Carlo Moretti Artisan factory was founded in Murano in 1958 by the brothers Carlo & Giovanno Moretti. There was nothing else quite like it on the glass-making island, because there was no special synergy between the entrepreneurs/makers if the creations ( which were produced in their furnace) and the master Murano glass-makers.
Drawing on their family’s entrepreneurial background in the glass business, Carlo and Giovanni took charge of a small craft company that produced glasses and began a development process that transformed it into a place where creativity and strategic planning came together to form an individual identity.
Since the early 1970’s, Carlo Moretti has presented a fresh take on glass. The forms of items are intertwined with their functions, through continual experimentation with shapes and materials.
Carlo Moretti has always closely embraced contemporary Italian design. Over the years, he has produced a vast range of authentic collector’s items which are permanently on display in more than 20 museums worldwide.1